Welcome to my Pin Grading guide!
Due to the handmade nature of enamel pins, some will have certain flaws or "beauty marks". Typically pin makers have their own system of grading their pins based on their quality and imperfections.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of qualities for each pin grade:
These are the highest quality pins I offer, with the lowest amount of flaws (or none at all). But they still may include:
- minor low or uneven areas of enamel filling
- slight scuffs/scratches
- small bubbles in the enamel filling
- small specks of dirt or dust that are less noticeable
- stray glitter (glitter pins)
- slightly misaligned screen printing
These pins are sold at a discount to reflect the degree of imperfections.
- large areas of low or uneven enamel filling
- over filling of enamel
- more noticeable scuffing/scratches/dents
- more noticeable specks of dirt/dust in a non-conspicuous area
- noticeable screen printing smudges/misalignment
- noticeable glitter specks of a different color
- oxidation of metal/metal discoloring
- missing enamel in small areas
**These pins may or may not come with a backing card. Please keep in mind that B-grades will be chosen at random, with varying degrees of imperfections.
Sometimes I'll be quality checking hundreds of pins at a time, and I do so to the best of my ability. If you are completely unsatisfied with your pin, please feel free to reach out to me so we can discuss further! :)